First of all, the right corporate travel agency or DMC (destination management company) should meet the three Rs: be reliable, relevant and revolutionary. Who you work with plays a vital role in the travel industry – not only to deliver the right offering to the right audience but also to provide the best possible experience to travelers. Choosing a DMC in a foreign country, especially a big one like Brasil, can be a daunting task, but by keeping a few non-negotiables in mind, it becomes far less formidable. So, how should you best assess a DMC partner?
We have listed some key points to analyze before hiring a DMC.
- Expertise and longevity: One of the most important factors to consider when hiring a DMC is how long the company has been in business. Because a DMC’s value lies in their extensive knowledge of a destination, hiring a DMC with years of experience can be the difference between creating a good event and an incredible event. Experienced DMCs will have the knowledge and connections necessary to make your time in a new country relaxing, enjoyable, and memorable.
- Company Values: Research the corporate travel agency to find out if its values are compatible with yours. If you want to work with a company who values customer service and taking care of clients, look for those qualities when you meet with its representatives. Explore case studies of previous programs to see if their design strategies speak to your values and expectations. GT DMC Brasil value local culture, respect local residents and suppliers, especially those who work to make Brasil a plural country in every way. Our service is human and close, we treat our customers as unique and are willing to always seek the best project for each client.
- Business vision: Since the DMC is producing the whole company trip for you, it’s important that their vision aligns with yours. Consider what services the DMC specializes in. While most DMCs have a wide range of services, don’t overlook what they are best known for! Make sure that the DMC Brasil you hire has a vision that works with yours.
- Creativity: For some people, creativity isn’t the first thing they consider when hiring a DMC, but it’s definitely something to think about. You’re visiting a new city to explore someplace new, so you probably don’t want an event that could happen anywhere. Guests should experience the unique culture and flavor of the city, so look for a DMC that celebrates their country through their events.
- Customer reviews: This is a big one! Before hiring a DMC, look or ask for client testimonials. GT DMC Brasil already developed projects for large companies like Fiat, Banco BMG, Jeep, Sankhya, Itaú, Engie, Renault and Mercantil Brasil.
- Past events and pictures: They say a picture is worth a thousand words, so be sure to look at photos and videos of past events that the DMC has produced. In your first contact with GT DMC corporate travel specialists, you will have access to our complete portfolio and records of the experiences that we already provide for our clients in the most unique itineraries in Brasil.
- Better time management: The preparation time of a company trip can be very long, and last several months, if not more than a year; so, knowing how to manage the remaining time is an essential gift. When your DMC agents think they’re upfront, they’re on time, and when they think they’re keeping up with the roadmap, they’re already late. It is important to know how to go straight to the point, i.e., choose the shortest route between two points. A good DMC must know how to remove the obstacles and do only what is really necessary, leaving aside irrelevant steps.
The top 4 questions about corporate travel agencies
What is a corporate travel agency?
This type of business model is responsible for routing incentive trips and corporate events, and this involves issues such as planning the entire scope of actions during the selected period. The coordination of these events proposes strategies related to transportation, lodging, meals, entertainment and other aspects of the schedule.
It is as if the DMCs were specialist consultants in practically all the programming inherent to the city they are inserted in, aiming to provide the main tips so that everything can come out as it should. The corporate travel agency will be true hosts who receive visitors from other places, with the simple mission of making that trip something incredible and likely to return.
The functions will be very different depending on the need of the event planners, the stipulated schedule and the period in which the event will follow, bearing in mind that all the details need to be checked in order not to have gaffes. The main purpose is to present a destination that visiting managers had no idea existed and, from that, model a positive image on the world stage.
How does a corporate travel agency work?
DMCs are the critical link connecting travelers and service providers. They are specialists in local knowledge, from regional language to the best tourist opportunities to the most authentic dining places. Very objectively, a DMC is a company that provides tourism services for both leisure (individual or groups), but mostly focused on incentive and convention trips. These agencies aggregate all the services necessary to meet travel business need needs. From a professional guide waiting for your team at airport arrivals, to take them to a transfer, to complete organization of a convention and all the logistics involved, among many other things.
Here’s a brief list of services commonly provided by a DMC :
- Arrival and departure assistance. This is the basic transfer service with meet-and-greets. The locals wait for guests with a welcome sign at the meeting point, help with the luggage, transport them to their accommodation, and back to the airport on the day of departure in the prearranged vehicle. Some operators increase their service level by introducing an excursion or a story to enjoy on the ride.
- Tours and excursions. That’s the DMC stock in trade: cruises, cultural tours, sightseeing excursions, and many more exotic experiences that travel agencies won’t be able to provide on their own.
- Event or activity planning. Maintaining relations with domestic suppliers, hotels, and venues, a corporate travel agency has a great advantage over other travel players in terms of organizing tailor-made activities for groups, themed events, and programs. Many DMCs plan weddings, educational programs, concerts, sports events, roadshows, you name it.
- Accommodation Services. End-to-end booking and logistics.
- MICE tourism. The initials MICE refer to four concepts: Meetings, incentives, conferencing and exhibitions, which make up the group of activities (or some of them) which form part of this type of business tourism.
MICE tourism is a type of tourism where large groups of people come together in a particular place and for a particular reason, such as a mutual interest. Therefore, it can also be considered a specific kind of group tourism. When meetings involve a large group of people, they are normally held at convention centers.
- Corporate social responsibility programs (CSR). As socially and environmentally, responsible tourism is getting more popular, corporate travel agencies are receiving a growing number of requests for CSR, as they are a major source of such experiences. GT DMC Brasil can build CSR into the destination boardroom and corporate group packages so that travelers can contribute to the local community.
- Car rentals. Working with local car rental fleets, DMCs get good rates and can deliver cars for rent either to the airport or to their accommodation.
- Travel-associated services. Some DMCs are one-stop-shops that serve the whole travel process including visas, insurance, and other related documents.
What’s the main benefits of hiring a corporate travel agency?
The wide range of services and the notorious knowledge of the target region give DMCs a very interesting bargaining power with local suppliers, which results in first class commercial agreements to coordinate unforgettable events. Generally, these companies have qualified professionals who pays attention to every detail and transformation in the city/country environment, which makes it easier when it comes to scheduling an event. From help with renting cars to support for a specific attraction.
They will be key players in getting the best prices, giving valuable tips and ensuring that everything is going as expected. Furthermore, if the majority of visitors do not speak the local idiom, DMCs will be prepared to deal with the most diverse situations and overcome language barriers. Inevitably, this increases the confidence of the client’s event.
What is an example of corporate travel?
When it comes to destinations and trip experiences, possibilities are endless.
- A food tour through Bahia or Manaus;
- Museum crawl at São Paulo;
- Hotel and tickets to soccer matches at Maracanã Stadium;
- Full experience at the Sambadrome in Rio’s Carnival;
- Weeklong country-hopping tour at São José dos Pinhais;
- Hiking excursion in Jalapão;
- Wildlife interaction at Foz do Iguaçu;
- Wine country visits at Vale dos Vinhedos;
- Behind the scenes tour of breweries in Blumenau;
- Weekend stay at a local bed and breakfast;
- Tropical beach escape;
- Passes and accommodation for cultural festivals; etc.
GT DMC Brazil has a diversified experiences portfolio, offering a wide range of activities for all kinds of travelers and corporate goals. Nature retreats, adventure tours, paradisiacal beaches or wine tourism? Name one and we can provide the best taxes, suppliers and logistics to build and incredible experience for foreigner teams in Brasil. Get to know more about the plans our corporate travel agency offers at