Both for companies with a high demand for corporate travels, and the ones that do not need them so often, it is a fact that business traveling require a lot of planning and organization. Lower is the efficiency of the management a team responsible for every logistic step to do it smoothly, higher is the risk of losing productivity, as well as facing unnecessary expenses and distresses.
To avoid such setbacks and ensure that your corporate travel will be carried out in the best possible way, the best thing to do is a partnership with a Travel Management Company, also known by TMCs. But even though TMC’s can provide great results and benefits for the company, many managers don’t know them very well or don’t give them value.
If you are one of those people who still do not have knowledge on the subject, we have prepared this article containing the main informations about Travel Management Company and how it can be useful.
What is a Travel Management Company?
As the name suggests, it is a company that offers specialized services in management and all travel planning and organization, so that the contractor can carry out corporate travel activities in a more efficient and productive way. Having a TMC by its side, the company can direct its efforts to other tasks and demands while the TMC experts takes care of all the administrative and bureaucratic points of the trip.
But that goes far beyond simple services like buying tickets and defining accommodation venues. TMCs help the customer to visualize the entire trip planning and how all the issues involved will be resolved if necessary. TMCs also aim to provide a cost-effective experience for their customers, guaranteeing good deals, such good local suppliers with lower costs.
Within this market of solutions for corporate travel, there are companies already using technological tools that makes the mission even more effective in terms of guidelines. But to achieve this level of efficiency, the TMC manager must understand the work of the client’s business in depth, and also their main needs and management procedures. With this knowledge, the Travel Management Company can define all the possible ways to achieve a successful trip, meeting the client’s goal and the travelers satisfaction.
How can I choose the best Travel Management Company?
Bear in mind that the right Travel Management Company should meet the three Rs: be reliable, relevant and revolutionary. Who you work with plays a vital role in the travel industry – not only to deliver the right offering to the right audience but also to provide the best possible experience to travellers. Choosing a TMC in a foreign country, especially a big one like Brazil, can be a daunting task, but by keeping a few non-negotiables in mind, it becomes far less formidable. So, how should you best assess a TMC partner? We have listed some key points to analyze before hiring one.
- Expertise and longevity: One of the most important factors to consider when hiring a DMC is how long the company has been in business. Because a DMC’s value lies in their extensive knowledge of a destination, hiring a DMC with years of experience can be the difference between creating a good event and an incredible event. Experienced DMCs will have the knowledge and connections necessary to make your time in a new country relaxing, enjoyable, and memorable.
- Company Values: Research the company to find out if its values are compatible with yours. If you want to work with a company who values customer service and taking care of clients, look for those qualities when you meet with its representatives. Explore case studies of previous programs to see if their design strategies speak to your values and expectations.
GT DMC Brazil value local culture, respect local residents and suppliers, especially those who work to make Brazil a plural country in every way. Our service is human and close, we treat our customers as unique and are willing to always seek the best project for each client.
- Business vision: Since the DMC is producing the whole company trip for you, it’s important that their vision aligns with yours. Consider what services the DMC specializes in. While most DMCs have a wide range of services, don’t overlook what they are best known for! Make sure that the DMC Brazil you hire has a vision that works with yours.
- Creativity: For some people, creativity isn’t the first thing they consider when hiring a DMC, but it’s definitely something to think about. You’re visiting a new city to explore someplace new, so you probably don’t want an event that could happen anywhere. Guests should experience the unique culture and flavor of the city, so look for a DMC that celebrates their country through their events. Access https://gotogetherdmc.com/en/experiencias/ and see a sample of the experience templates we can provide and customize for your team.
- Being able to better manage time: The preparation time of a company trip can be very long, and last several months, if not more than a year; so knowing how to manage the remaining time is an essential gift. When your DMC agents thinks they’re upfront, they’re on time, and when they think they’re keeping up with the roadmap, they’re already late. It is important to know how to go straight to the point, i.e. choose the shortest route between two points. A good DMC must know how to remove the obstacles and do only what is really necessary, leaving aside irrelevant steps.
Building a strong partnership with your Travel Management Company
Your Travel Management partner should feel like an extension of your team and should be a team that you would like to work wiht with every year, a team that makes your team members feel comfortable – a team made of people you would want to be friends with. GT DMC is a 100% Brazilian company, that loves what it does and most importantly, that loves and values its country, its people and its culture.
We at GT DMC Brazil take pride in our ability to serve our clients with an unparalleled quality of service. No matter the size of your business, or what industry you’re in, you can trust that your expectations will be exceeded in every imagined interaction with Brazilian culture. Our goal is to always “wow” our clients, providing them with unique and exciting experiences.
Why don’t we schedule a chat? Click www.gotogetherdmc.com, meet our travel specialists and get the best conditions to discover all the beauties of Brazil!